Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Software & Information Industry Association

The next several posts will attempt to summarize the talks and panels I enjoyed at the SIIA's Information Industry Summit in New York. In the interests of full disclosure, I should say that I am a member of the board of their Content Division, and that I was also on the steering committee for the conference. Nevertheless, I will try to be objective.

I have attended the Summit every year for the last 5 or so years, because I find it a very convenient way to keep up with what is happening in all corners of the content industry, and the software companies that serve that sector. It is also a pleasant social occasion, with plenty of opportunities for networking.

I thought that highlights of the meeting included Henry Blodgett's keynote this morning, panels on video and social media, and a technical briefing by Kris Hammond. These and other items will be summarized in subsequent postings. It may take a while for me to get it all up there, as I do have a day job!